Jesus came with a purpose, and that purpose was to “bring life and life to the full.” (John 10:10) Jesus said “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” (John 8:12) Then in Matthew 5:14 it says that “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven."
It’s clear to us that intimacy in God’s presence naturally leads to mission. As we encounter Jesus, and are changed by Him so deeply, it's the natural outflow of a thankful heart to share this story with those around us. Time spent in His presence leads us to invite others there. Hearing Him say to us ‘come and be my disciple’ naturally leads us to call others to that journey. The incredible gift of community that is the church excites us to welcome others into that same place of belonging.
We walk this passion out in the following ways:
- An active love for the poor in our community (can we say this yet?)
- A commitment to international missions and the social needs of the world specifically through our partnerships with churches in Kenya and India
- Openness to those on a journey towards Christ
- An undying commitment to share the gospel with those in the world around us
- Training on how to cultivate a missional heart and how to communicate with others (i.e. Corpus Christi)